Grilled chicken legs with beer marinade is really something special. a mixture of spices that work brilliantly together mixed with beer keeps the chicken legs juicy for hours.
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
|· 12 chicken legs
· ½ cup olive oil
· 1 teaspoon sea salt
· ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
· ½ teaspoon paprika
|· ½ teaspoon cumin
· ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 2 cloves garlic, chopped
· 3 tablespoons chopped onion
· ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
· 1½ cups beer
- Place chicken legs into a large zip top bag
- Pour olive oil into a 2-cup liquid measuring cup.
- Mix together salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper and add to olive oil. Add garlic, onions, and parsley. Mix together well with a fork. Slowly add beer as it will cause the mixture to foam and bubble slightly.
- Pour marinade over the chicken legs in the zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal. Turn the bag from side to side to make sure all chicken has been coated with the marinade.
- Place the bag flat on a small, rimmed kitchen sheet pan and into the refrigerator. Allow to sit up to 1 hour or overnight for best results, turning the bag over every few hours to keep the chicken coated.
- Brush the grill grate with olive oil to coat. Heat the grill to about 350º F. Place chicken onto the grill and cook, turning as needed to cook both sides, until the internal temperature registers 165º F when checked with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and allow to rest 3-5 minutes before serving.
Note: Time does not include time to marinate chicken