The Grilled Calamari with Minted Red Pepper is an easy recipe that serves 4 people. The calamari is also coated and refrigerated for up to 2 hours.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2½ tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1⅓ lb. calamari (about 10 small)
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 2 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Grate garlic over a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 to 3 teaspoons salt. Add calamari; toss to coat. Refrigerate 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Lightly coat peppers with olive oil. Grill about 20 minutes, turning occasionally until evenly charred. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside about 10 minutes. Carefully remove plastic; let peppers cool slightly. Working quickly, gently scrape off skin. Core and seed peppers, reserving juices. Slice into 1-inch-wide strips. In a bowl, combine peppers, their juices, vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside in a warm place.
- Grill calamari over high heat about 1 minute per side, until lightly charred (the tentacles will char faster than the rest — that’s okay). Shake cooking juices out. Toss mint into pepper mixture, and place on serving dish. Top with calamari, season to taste, drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, and serve.