Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours
- 8-12 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 300ml buttermilk
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 spring onions, minced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Put the chicken in a large bowl or resealable bag. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover or seal and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but no longer than 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the remaining liquid. Arrange the chicken evenly on a large baking dish, season well, and cook under a hot grill for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through, making sure to turn the pieces at least once during cooking.
- If cooking on a barbecue place on the barbecue on a medium/high heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes; turning regularly until they are cooked through. Cut one of the pieces of chicken with a sharp knife to make sure no pink meat remains before serving.