These green chilli cheddar burger foil packs brings together classic cheeseburgers, a zip of green chillies and craveable corn salsa.
Prep 20 minutes
Ready in 40 minutes
|· 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
· 2 cans (4.5 oz each) chopped green chilis
· 2 teaspoons chili powder
· 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon salt
|· 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
· 1 ½ cups frozen whole kernel sweet corn, thawed
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
· 4 lime wedges
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18 x 12-inch) sheets of heavy duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix beef, 1 can green chilis, chili powder, 1 teaspoon of the cumin, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1 cup of the cheese until blended. Form into 4 patties about 1/2-inch thick. In small bowl, mix corn, remaining can of green chilis, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place beef patty on centre of each sheet of foil. Scoop about 1/3 cup of corn mixture on top of each patty.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 7 to 9 minutes longer or until patties are no longer pink in centre and meat thermometer inserted in centre of patties reads 160°F. Remove packs from grill. Cut large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil. Top each patty with 2 tablespoons cheese; garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge.