These Greek pita burgers are a must have, with a Mediterranean twist. These delicious burgers can be ready in under 30 minutes.
Prep 30 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
For the sauce:
|· ½ medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and shredded
· 1 container (8 oz) plain yogurt
· 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
|· 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· ¼ teaspoon salt
For the burgers:
|· 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
· ½ cup frozen chopped spinach, (thawed) squeezed to drain
· 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
· ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
· 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
|· ½ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon pepper
· 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
· 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
· 4 leaves romaine lettuce, torn in half
- Place shredded cucumber in clean dish towel; squeeze to remove any excess liquid. In small bowl, mix cucumber and remaining sauce ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix all burger ingredients except buns, tomatoes and lettuce. Shape into 8 patties, 1/4 inch thick. Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.
Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce on bottom half of each bun. Top with burger, tomato and lettuce. Cover with top halves of buns.