These funky and posh chips toppings raise the bar for homemade chips but are equally delicious with roast potatoes.
Total Time 20 min
- 4 large potatoes
- Vegetable oil for deep- frying
- 1 clove garlic
- A few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Truffle oil
- 8g Parmesan Cheese
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 cm thick chips. Parboil the chips in boiling salted water for 8 to 10 min, or until soft but keeping their shape. Drain in a colander and leave to steam until completely dry – this is very important before frying.
- Heat a deep- fryer to 180°C or fill a deep saucepan to three- quarters full with vegetable oil over a high heat. For safety, clear the kitchen and never leave hot oil unattended. To test when the oil has reached the required temperature, drop in a cube of bread- at 180°C it will turn golden in 10 sec. carefully fry the chips, in batches, until golden crisp. Drain on kitchen towel then sprinkle with sea salt.
- If you’re feeling funky, peel and thinly slice the garlic and pick and finely chop the parsley and carefully mix with the hot chips. Or if you’re in a posh mood drizzle them lightly with truffle oil and finely grate over the Parmesan. Serve nice and hot.
Recipe Sourced From Jamie Oliver
More Side Dishes Recipes Here