The Fish Kebabs with Sauce and Brown Rice recipe involves marinating the fish fillets in a home made marinade for two hours.
Total Time: 30 min + Marinating time
- 1/2 kg fish fillet (any white chunky fish)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 cup skimmed milk curd low fat natural yogurt
- Salt and pepper – according to taste
- 1 Tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 Tbsp kashmiri chili powder
For the Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp roasted peanuts
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- Salt according to taste
- Cut the fish fillet in into 5cm cubes. Toss in the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Whip or beat the curd until smooth. Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the fish then leave to marinate for two hours.
- Thread the fish pieces onto skewers, and grill until done.
- Roast the cumin, coriander, pumpkin or sunflower seeds and peanuts for about 2 minutes. Allow to cool and then grind the mixture into a powder.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat and fry till the onions till they are brown.
- Put the heat on a low flame and add the chili powder followed by the tomato, mint leaves and salt with half cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To Serve: On each plate, arrange 3 tablespoon of cooked brown rice, half cup of fresh vegetable salad and 1/4 of the kebabs. Pour hot sauce on kebabs and serve.