Briny Kalamata olives and a vinegary feta cheese dressing make this feta, green beans and
potato salad extra delicious. It’s perfect as a side dish. Add some chicken or shrimp and it can even double as dinner.
Total Time 35 min
- 1 pound (450 g) small yellow or white potatoes
- 1 pound (450 g) green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped spring onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a pot, cover potatoes with 2 inches of water. Season with salt — 1 teaspoon for every quart of water. Bring water to a boil then reduce to a low simmer. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes cook, set up an ice bath. Add cold water to a medium bowl then add ice. Transfer potatoes to ice bath. Then, slice potatoes into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Bring water that potatoes were cooked in to a boil then add green beans. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bright green and crisp-tender. Set up a second ice bath. Transfer green beans to ice bath.
- Combine potatoes, green beans, olives, spring onion and the parsley in a large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil, mustard and the lemon juice until creamy. Add the feta cheese, stir well then season with salt and pepper. Toss salad with dressing to coat.
- Leave at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes. Toss again, season with salt and pepper (as needed) then serve.
Recipe Sourced From Inspired Taste
More Side Dishes Recipes Here