With the UK moving on to the second step of the Prime Ministers roadmap out of lockdown, allowing pubs and outside hospitality to start to open, we thought it would be fitting to share some of BBQ Tips’ favourite garden cocktails! We’ve included the recipes so that you can try them at home yourself! Plus they go great with a BBQ!
Passionate Fruit Martini
You will need:
- 2 ripe passion fruits (they should have a crinkly appearance), halved
- 60ml vanilla vodka
- 30ml passoa
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sugar syrup
- Prosecco (to top up)
Scoop the seeds from one of the passion fruits into the glass of a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, passoa, lime juice and sugar syrup. Add a handful of ice and shake well, strain into 2 martini glasses, top up with Prosecco, then add half a passion fruit to top each cocktail. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe Sourced From BBCgoodfood
Fancy a Frose?
You will need:
- 1 750 ml bottle of rosé wine
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2½ ounces fresh lemon juice
- Pour rosé into a 13×9″ pan and freeze until almost solid (it won’t completely solidify due to the alcohol), for at least 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Add strawberries, remove from heat, and let sit for 30 minutes to infuse syrup with strawberry flavour. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl (do not press on solids); cover and chill until cold, for about 30 minutes.
- Scrape frozen rosé into a blender. Add lemon juice, 3½ ounces strawberry syrup, and 1 cup crushed ice and purée until smooth.
- Transfer blender jar to freezer and freeze until frosé is thickened for about 25–35 minutes.
- Blend again until frosé is a slushy consistency.
- Divide among glasses, serve and enjoy!
Recipe Sourced From Bonappetit
You Will Need:
- 50ml Smirnoff No. 21® Vodka
- 4 Orange Slices
- 8 Raspberries
- 100ml. Cranberry Juice
- 100ml. Mango Juice
- 50ml. Soda Water
- Add the Vodka, oranges & raspberries to a glass or jug full of ice before stirring with a wooden spoon to infuse the flavours.
- Add the mango & cranberry juice and top the cocktails up with soda.
- Stir, serve and enjoy!
Recipe Sourced From The Bar
Keep your eyes peeled for any of our BBQ tips and tricks and don’t forget to share with us your favourite BBQ cocktails!
For extra ideas don’t forget to take a look at our website
Share with us your favourite pics on Facebook