Cumin and Onion Marinated Beef Steak
Cumin and onion marinated beef steak is a quick and easy addition to the barbeque that everyone will love.
- 1 kg thick bavette or onglet steak
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 small onion (grated)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- Cut the steak into 6 or 7 chunks. In a small bowl, mix together the Worcestershire, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, spices, onion and olive oil. Season meat well on both sides, then place in a flat non-metallic dish or baking tray. Cover with the marinade and chill for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature 1 hr before grilling.
- Heat an outdoor grill or griddle pan until very hot. Pat the meat dry and drizzle with a little more oil, then season. Thread 2 thin metal skewers through 2 of the steaks and repeat with the others. Grill for 3-4 mins on one side, then turn over and repeat. Let the beef skewers rest under foil for 10 mins, then slice and serve with the sauces (see ‘goes well with’, right).