Cracked BBQ chicken is a simple recipe for those last minute barbecues an summer parties. A simple treat that all the family will love.
Prep 30 minutes
Cook 15 minutes
Ready in 2 h 45 minutes
|· 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4” thick
· 2 c. water
· 2 tbsp. salt
· 1/4 c. brown sugar
|· kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 1 c. barbecue sauce
· Juice of 2 limes
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large Ziploc bag, place chicken and pound until 1/4” thick. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together water, salt, and sugar until combined. Pour brine into Ziploc and refrigerate at least 15 minutes but preferably 2 hours
- Remove chicken from brine and discard liquid.
- Heat grill to medium. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Grill 6 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, lime juice, and garlic. Baste chicken, flipping occasionally, until caramelised and cooked through.
Recipe Sourced From Delish
More Chicken Breast Recipes Here