Citrus smoked chicken is marinated in a simple lemon-lime soda mixture, then smoked all day. This makes delicious, moist, smoked chicken.
Prep 5 minutes
Cooking time 10 h
Ready in 18 h 5 minutes
|· 1 (6 pound) whole chicken
· 4 cups lemon-lime flavoured carbonated beverage
|· 1 tablespoon garlic powder
· 2 cups wood chips, soaked
- Place the whole chicken into a large re-sealable plastic bag. Sprinkle in garlic powder, then pour in enough lemon-lime soda to cover the bird. Seal the bag, and place in the refrigerator overnight to marinate.
- Light charcoal in an outdoor smoker, and wait until the temperature is at 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Remove chicken from the bag, and place on the grill grate. Discard marinade. Cover, and cook for 10 hours. Occasionally toss a handful of soaked wood chips on the coals.
Recipe Sourced From Allrecipes
More Whole Chicken Recipes Here