Chimichurri Strip Steak
Satisfy your guests meat cravings with this delicious steak recipe guaranteed to please all.
- 128 g packed fresh parsley
- 128 g packed fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 New York beef strip steaks (2 1/2 lb., each 1″thick)
Grilled Red Potatoes and Grilled Plum Tomatoes, optional
- 680 g small red potatoes (cut into halves)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 medium plum tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat grill on medium-high. Fit wire rack into rimmed baking sheet.
- Prepare herb sauce: In food processor, pulse parsley, cilantro and garlic until finely chopped. Add oil, vinegar, oregano, red pepper and 1/8 teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper; pulse to blend.
- Pat steaks dry. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until desired doneness, 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to wire rack. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir meat juices into herb sauce. Slice steak; serve with sauce as well as grilled potatoes and tomatoes if desired.
- Meanwhile, make the potatoes: On large sheet heavy-duty foil, place potatoes, cut into halves; toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Fold foil over; crimp edges to seal. Grill on medium-high until tender, turning over once, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tomatoes: Cut plum tomatoes into halves. Brush cut sides lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until lightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes per side.