This week we have gone a bit on the quirky side with our burger recipe. It is something that,
personally, we have not come across before for a burger, but it is an ingredient we use a lot with
pasta…Chicken & Pesto burger!
The great thing about a burger is you can be as creative as you want with it and 9 times out of 10 it
will still taste amazing. The beauty is that there is no right or wrong way of making a
burger…As long as you cook it properly!
This combination did not disappoint, it is definitely one we will be making again in the future. Our
recipe is up for interpretation depending on how you like to season your chicken, but this is what
we went with, it really did tickle our tastebuds…
3 chicken breasts (500g)
Pot of pesto
6 brioche buns
Rocket salad leaves
3 tablespoons smoked paprika
3 teaspoons of mixed herbs
2 teaspoons of chilli flakes
A sprinkle of salt & pepper
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Difficulty level: 3/10
- Get your smoked paprika, mixed herbs, chilli flakes all in a bowl and mix them together
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and mix again.
- Cut your chicken breasts in half so you have 6 pieces of chicken, and then coat each
one in your seasoning mixture.
- Give the seasonings a few minutes to settle onto the chicken and whilst you are waiting, you
can cut your cucumber and tomatoes into however many portions you wish to add to your
- Once you have done that, carefully place your chicken breasts onto the barbecue. Be sure
to keep an eye on each breast. We would recommend cooking each side for a maximum of
- Making sure they have all cooked properly, plate them up and put them to the side and
quickly toast your brioche buns for around 30 seconds. Again, keep an eye out (we left a
bun on for a bit too long and was a bit too toasted!)
- Now on the base of the bun add a layer of pesto and spread evenly.
- Place your piece of chicken in the bun, and spread another layer of pesto on the chicken.
- Next, we added some grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top.
- Now you can add as much of the cucumber, tomatoes, and rocket leaves as you want.
- Using the top of the bun squeeze down careful to bring all flavours together.
- Your chicken & Pesto burger is ready to eat.