Cherry bomb chicken will almost guarantee a juicy, tasty piece of chicken. This recipe brings together a mix of herbs and spices to create a sweet and spicy taste to the chicken which keeps the meat juicy and tender.
Prep 20 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
Ready in 5 h 40 minutes
|· 1 quart cold water
· 1/3 cup kosher salt
· 1/2 cup white sugar
· 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces
· 1 pint cherry tomatoes
· 3 habanero peppers, seeded
· 4 cloves garlic
|· 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
· 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 2 tablespoons prepared Thai sweet chili sauce
- Combine water, kosher salt, and sugar in a saucepan over low heat; cook until sugar and salt dissolve, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Score the skin side of each piece of chicken 2 to 3 times, about 1/8 inch deep. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl or lidded container.
- Puree cherry tomatoes, habanero peppers, garlic, and allspice with the salt and sugar mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Pour tomato brine over chicken pieces, making sure all pieces are covered. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken pieces and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine thyme, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and oil in a small bowl.
- Brush each chicken piece with thyme and oil mixture.
- Cook chicken, skin side down, on the preheated grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn each piece and move to indirect heat. Cook until well-browned and meat is no longer pink in the center, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Brush each piece with Thai sweet chilli sauce. Transfer to a plate and allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Sourced From Allrecipes
More Whole Chicken Recipes Here