The Cheese and Herb Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is a quick and easy recipe, serving 4 people. The recipe is ready in just under 25mins.
Prep 15 minutes
Cooking time 8 minutes
Ready in 23 minutes
|· 4 large flat portabella mushrooms, cleaned (remove and chop stems into small pieces)
· 1/4 cup/60 mL panko bread crumbs
· 1/4 cup/60 mL cheddar cheese, grated
· 1/2 of a small jar of pimentos, chopped
· 2 tablespoons/30 mL butter
|· 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh thyme, finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh oregano, finely chopped
· 2 teaspoons/10 mL fresh rosemary, finely chopped
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· salt and freshly ground black pepper
· olive oil
- Wash mushrooms and cut off stems. Chop stems finely. Combine bread crumbs, mushroom stems, thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse about 15 times. Don’t over process. Stir in chopped pimentos.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Once up to heat and right before mushrooms go onto grill, oil grill grates well.
- Brush bottoms of mushrooms with olive oil and place 1/2 tablespoon of butter inside. Place on hot grill for about 4 minutes. Remove from grill and stuff with breadcrumb mixture and top with grated cheese. Return to grill and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully cut into fourths, and serve. This dish can be served as an appetizer, side or main dish. If serving as a main dish, serve stuffed mushrooms whole along with fresh salad greens or side dish of choice.