This cavatappi with arugula pesto and cherry tomatoes has peppery arugula complements the sweetness of ripe tomatoes. Use heirloom tomatoes, if available, for even better flavor. Substitute fusilli for cavatappi, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 1 pound uncooked cavatappi
- 2 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 5 cups trimmed arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- To prepare pesto, combine first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely minced. With processor on, slowly pour 1/3 cup water and oil through food chute; process until well blended.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Combine pesto, pasta, and tomatoes in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle pine nuts over pasta. Serve immediately.
There’s nothing more satisfying than a light pasta dish and a glass of cold, fresh, dry Italian white wine. Pinot grigio fills the bill exactly, for this Cavatappi with Arugula Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes and it’s a steal, too.
Recipe Sourced From My Recipes
More Side Dishes Recipes Here