The Buffalo-Blue Curly Cheese Fry and Crispy Black Bean Burgers are great for parties. This recipe serves 6 people and takes 50mins to make.
Prep 20 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Ready in 50 minutes
|· 3 pounds unpeeled russet potatoes
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
|· 2 teaspoons seasoned salt (or more to your liking)
· 1 teaspoon pepper
|· 2 cups cooked quinoa
· 1 1/2 cups black beans, mashed
· 1 large egg, lightly beaten
· 1/3-1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I used 1/2 cup)*
· 1 clove garlic, grated
· 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
· 1/2 teaspoon salt + peper
|· 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
· 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 6 of your favorite burger buns, toasted
· sliced avocado, crumbled blue cheese, chopped green onions, butter lettuce
Buffalo Cheese Sauce
|· 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 1/4 cups milk
· 3 ounces cream cheese (reduced fat is fine)
|· 8 ounces freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
· 1/3-1/2 cup Franks red hot sauce
· 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
· 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl combine the quinoa, mashed black beans, egg, buffalo sauce, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix well to moisten the ingredients and then mix in the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well again and form into 5-6 equal burger balls (I made 6). Stuff the blue cheese into the center of each ball and form the mixture around the blue cheese to make round patties. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using a vegetable spiralizer, spiralize the potatoes into curly cut fries. Then cut the fries into smaller sections. You may also just slice the fires into very thin matchsticks if you do not have a spiralizer. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, seasoned salt and pepper. Toss with your hands or two spatulas to evenly coat. Spread onto two baking sheets in one layer. Roast for 10-15 minutes, then toss and roast for 15-20 minutes more. This may take longer depending on how thick your potatoes are spiraled or cut. Mine were very thin (which was SO GOOD), so they cooked quick. You want the potatoes to be deeply golden and crispy on the outside!
- About 15 minutes before the the fries are done, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grab the burgers and cook until golden and crisp, about five minutes per side. My burgers were not crumbly at all and very easy to flip. Keep warm.
- To make the buffalo cheese sauce heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, and once it’s melted and bubbly add the flour. Whisk together to create a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes until mixture gets a bit golden in color. Add milk, stir and turn down heat to low. Continue stirring until milk thickens. Add in the cheddar cheese and continue to stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in hot sauce and seasoned salt and pepper. Taste and add more hot sauce if desired.
- To assemble the burgers place some lettuce on each toasted burger bun bottom and then add the burger. Add a few avocado slices and then a handful of fries. Spoon the cheese sauce over the fries and sprinkle with blue cheese + green onions. Top with the burger bun. Start eating!
Recipe Sourced From HalfBakedHarvest
More Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes Here