The Black Bean Veggie Burgers are a quick 35 minute recipe, perfect for barbeques. It serves 4 and is very easy to make by anyone.
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
Ready in 35 minutes
|· 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
· 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
· 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
· 3 cloves garlic, peeled
· 1 egg
|· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 1 tablespoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
· 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- Place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side.