You won’t believe how quick and easy these lamb kebabs are – perfect for sharing!
Total Time 15 min + marinating time
- 500 g quality lamb, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 6-8 skewers or sticks fresh rosemary, lower leaves removed, tips kept on
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- Olive oil
- If you’re cooking for a load of friends, or for a party, these kebabs will do the trick. They are so easy to make and damn tasty. Marinated in a blend of spices, they can be grilled, chargrilled or cooked on the barbie. Make sure you check out my recipes for fish and chicken kebabs as well!
- First bash up all the spices in a pestle and mortar until fine, then mix with the oil to make a thick marinade paste. Put the lamb pieces into a bowl and cover with the marinade. Let them sit there for half an hour to an hour. Then, using the rosemary sticks or skewers, spike each piece of meat alternately with red onion and peppers. Grill for around 5 minutes, turning regularly, to give you nicely charred meat on the outside with juicy pink on the inside. Allow to rest for a few minutes – that is, if you can stop yourself eating them straight away!