Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 500 gm beef short ribs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 2 tsp shaoxing wine
- 1 onion, julienned
- diced spring onion, for garnish
½ cup chicken stock (or beef stock)
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cut the short ribs into chunks in 5-cm / 2-inch length. Mix all the ingredients of sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare your Instant Pot. Press the “saute” button and heat oil. Add the short ribs. Briefly cook until both sides are lightly brown. Stir in the garlic and black pepper. Sprinkle wine. Add half of the shredded onion. Pour in the sauce.
- Cover with “sealing” on. Press the “Meat/Stew” button. Set 12-minutes cooking time on high pressure. Quick release. When the float valve drops to the down position, remove the cover. Add the remaining onion. Press “saute” to cook until the sauce reduces by 1/3. Sprinkle spring onion. Serve hot.
- The coarsely ground black peppercorns are not very hot, just for enhancing the fragrance. I grounded the whole black peppercorns in a mortar and pestle. The ready-made bottled one from supermarkets can be used for convenience though.
- Short ribs are available at Asian butcher, Korean shops or supermarket.
- For stovetop cooking, add one cup of stock and cook on medium-low heat for 20 to 30 minutes. Replenish hot water if needed along the way of cooking.
Recipe Sourced From ChistinesRecipes
More Beef Ribs Recipes Here