Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1-2 medium red onions
- 1/2 to a pound button mushrooms
- About 20 bamboo or wooden skewers
- 1 Marinate the meat: Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and add the meat. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably several hours or even overnight. (Heck, I’ve kept the meat marinating for a couple days, still great.)
- 2 Soak skewers in water: Soak the wood or bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling. This will help prevent them from completely burning up on the grill.
- 3 Thread the meat and veggies onto the skewers: Cut the vegetables into chunks roughly the width of the beef pieces. Taking care not to poke yourself, thread the meat and vegetables onto double bamboo skewers.
- One way to do this safely is to put the piece that you are trying to pierce on a cutting board, and then push the skewers through the piece to the board.
- Using double skewers will help you turn the kebabs on the grill. If you keep a little space between the pieces, they will grill more evenly.
- Paint the kebabs with some of the remaining marinade.
- 3 Grill on high, direct heat: Prepare your grill for high, direct heat. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how hot your grill is, and how done you would like your meat, turning occasionally.
- 4 let rest Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe Sourced From Simply Recipes
More Beef kebabs & Skewers Recipes Here