These beef and chorizo burgers served with a roasted chilli mayonnaise is a Mexican treat that all the family will love.
Prep 40 minutes
Ready in 40 minutes
For the roasted Chile Mayonnaise:
|· ¼ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
· 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
· 2 teaspoons lime juice
|· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
· 1 small poblano chili
For the burgers:
|· 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
· ½ lb bulk chorizo sausage or Italian pork sausage, crumbled
· ¾ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon pepper
|· 4 slices (1 oz each) Monterey Jack cheese
· 4 hamburger buns, split
· 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice and cilantro. Cover; refrigerate.
- Remove stem, seeds and membranes from chilli; cut chilli lengthwise into quarters. Place skin side down on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat about 10 minutes or until skin is blackened and blistered. Immediately place chilli in bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; cool 5 minutes. Peel off blackened skin; rinse with water. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix beef, chorizo, salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 11 to 13 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in centre of patties reads 160°F. During last 2 minutes of cooking, top each patty with cheese and place buns, cut sides down, on grill. Cook until cheese is melted and buns are toasted. Remove burgers and buns from grill; cover to keep warm.
- Finely chop roasted chilli; stir into mayonnaise mixture. Spread 1 tablespoon mixture on cut sides of buns. Place burgers on bottom halves of buns; top with tomato. Cover with top halves of buns.
Recipe Sourced From BettyCrocker
More Beef Burger Recipes Here