Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Try something different with this Argentinian recipe. Beef and sweet potato are grilled on the barbecue and served warm with a green chimichurri sauce of paprika, garlic and red chilli.
3 sweet potatoes, cut into 4cm chunks
700g sirloin steak, cut into 4cm chunks
16 bay leaves
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp ground cumin
8 wooden skewers, or use metal ones
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
coriander a small bunch, finely chopped
flat-leaf parsley a large bunch, finely chopped
125ml extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp hot smoked Spanish paprika
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Boil the sweet potato chunks for 2 minutes, then refresh in cold water and drain.
- Thread the meat and bay leaves on 4 skewers and the sweet potatoes and pepper on the 4 others.
- Drizzle with 4 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the chimichurri ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. You can chop everything in the food processor, but do the pepper and garlic first to break them down. Although easier, it’s slightly mushier than hand chopped.
- Both skewers and sauce can be kept for several hours.
- Heat the bbq. When the coals are ready, grill the skewers until crisp on the edges, about 3 minutes each side.
- Let them sit under foil for 5 minutes, then serve warm with the chimichurri sauce.