Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 1 x 500g pack lamb mince
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 50g pitted black olives, chopped
- 150g feta, crumbled
- olive oil, for brushing
- 4 crusty rolls, split open
- 4 ready-roasted peppers from a jar, drained and roughly sliced
- handful wild rocket leaves
- Combine the lamb mince, red onion, fresh or dried oregano, olives and 75g crumbled feta in a bowl and season generously with black pepper. Shape into 4 large burgers to cook immediately or cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- To cook over a barbecue, make sure the coals are white hot with no trace of flame remaining. Lightly brush the burgers with oil and put directly on the bars over the coals. Cook for about 2 minutes to sear the outside, then turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Repeat the cooking on each side to cook the burgers for about 8 minutes in total, or until cooked through with no pink meat showing. If they are browning too quickly, move away from the direct heat.
- Toast the cut sides of the rolls on the barbecue bars until pale golden.
- Alternatively, to cook on the hob, put the oil in a large frying pan set over a medium heat, add the burgers and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through with no pink meat showing. Leave the pan on the heat and toast the cut sides of the rolls until lightly browned (do this in 2 batches, if necessary).
Sit a quarter of the sliced roast peppers on the bottom of each sliced roll. Add a burger and top with the remaining crumbled feta, followed by some rocket leaves and the burger bun tops.
Recipe Sourced From Food and Community Tesco
More Lamb Burgers Recipes Here