BBQ Chicken Thighs with Brown Sugar-Hickory Sauce
BBQ chicken thighs with brown sugar-hickory sauce is a quick fix for the barbecue that everyone will enjoy. A simple two step recipe, perfect for those busy evenings!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1/2 cup bottled hickory-flavour barbecue sauce
- 64 g golden brown sugar
- 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray
- 12 chicken thighs with skin and bones
- Bring first 10 ingredients to boil in medium saucepan, whisking to blend. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Spray grill rack with non-stick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Place chicken on grill, skin side down; cook until skin browns, about 8 minutes. Turn chicken over and continue grilling until cooked through, about 8 minutes longer.
Transfer 1 cup barbecue sauce to small dish. Brush skin side of chicken with sauce from dish; turn skin side down and cook 2 minutes. Brush chicken with more sauce; turn skin side up and grill 2 minutes.
Arrange chicken on platter. Serve with remaining sauce.