These BBQ chicken burgers can easily be rustled up on a warm evening for a last-minute barbecue.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 6 rashers bacon optional
- 4 large burger buns sliced in half
- lettuce tomato and red onion, to serve
For the sauce and the marinade
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sauce
- Splash chilli sauce optional
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Make the sauce and marinade by stirring everything together in a large bowl, then put a few spoonful’s aside. Slice halfway into the thickest part of each breast and open it up like a book. Flatten down slightly with your hand, then toss in the bowlful of marinade to coat. Chill for as little, or as long, as you have time to.
- Barbecue the chicken for about 10 mins until completely cooked through, turning so it doesn’t burn but is nicely charred and sticky.
- Cook the bacon at the same time until crisp, if using, and toast the buns.
- Get the burgers ready with lettuce, slices of tomato, onion and the reserved sauce on the side for dolloping on top.