BBQ Chicken Burger
These BBQ chicken burgers can easily be rustled up on a warm evening for a last-minute barbecue.
- 4 skinless (boneless chicken breasts)
- 6 rashers bacon (optional)
- 4 large burger buns (sliced in half)
- lettuce (tomato and red onion, to serve)
For the sauce and the marinade
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sauce
- Splash chilli sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- Make the sauce and marinade by stirring everything together in a large bowl, then put a few spoonful’s aside. Slice halfway into the thickest part of each breast and open it up like a book. Flatten down slightly with your hand, then toss in the bowlful of marinade to coat. Chill for as little, or as long, as you have time to.
Barbecue the chicken for about 10 mins until completely cooked through, turning so it doesn’t burn but is nicely charred and sticky.
Cook the bacon at the same time until crisp, if using, and toast the buns.
Get the burgers ready with lettuce, slices of tomato, onion and the reserved sauce on the side for dolloping on top.