Barbecued lamb with minted yogurt has a cool taste of mint and the tang of yogurt team beautifully with the barbecued meat. As well as lamb back-straps or fillets, you can try this with chops.
Total Time 20 min
- 1 kg lamb backstraps or fillets, cut into long strips about 2 cm wide
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp. chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- generous drizzle of olive oil
- 1 cup (300 g) natural yoghurt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 3 tsp chopped mint
- Place the lamb in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Use your hands to thoroughly coat the lamb. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the minted yogurt blend to combine the ingredients in a blender. Keep cold in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Barbecue the lamb to medium-rare and serve with the yogurt.
Recipe Sourced From SBS
More Lamb Loin & Fillets Recipes Here