The Barbecue Pork Cutlets with Salsa Verde recipe is a 30min recipe. Easy to make with great flavours and served with grilled sweet potato slices.
- 2 bunches flat-leaf parsley leaves picked,
- coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 2 anchovy fillets drained on paper towel
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/3 cup (35g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) mextra virgin olive oil
- 1 325g medium orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 1.5cm-thick slices
- 4 700g pork cutlets
- Watercress or baby spinach leaves to serve
- Place parsley, capers, anchovies, garlic and parmesan in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Add lemon juice and process until combined. With the motor running, add 1/3 cup (80mof oil in a thin, steady stream. Season with pepper.
- Cook sweet potato in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on high. Brush pork and sweet potato with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook pork on grill for 2 minutes each side or until brown. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Place pork on an oven tray, cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, cook sweet potato on grill for 2 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through
- Arrange sweet potato, watercress and pork on serving plates. Drizzle with salsa verde and serve immediately.