Balsamic Lamb with Roasted Herb Potatoes
This tender balsamic lamb with roasted herb potatoes is ideal for busy weeknights with minimal prep and just a short time on the barbecue.
- 3 150g each lamb backstraps (eye of loin) or 6 lamb fillets
- 60 ml(1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 800 g chat (small coliban potatoes, halved)
- 1 x 35g pkt Italian herb potatoes (McCormick brand)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves (shredded)
- 50 g baby rocket leaves (to serve)
- Combine lamb, vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, rosemary and garlic in a glass dish. Cover and set aside in fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 190°Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Add Italian herb mix. Spread potatoes in a single layer over a large roasting pan and cook for 20 min or until tender. Toss tomatoes in the remaining oil and add to pan. Roast for a further 10 min.
- Meanwhile preheat barbecue grill on high. Drain lamb and sook for 4 min. each side for medium. Rest 5 min., then slice. Add basil and rocket to potatoes and serve with lamb.