This tender balsamic lamb with roasted herb potatoes is ideal for busy weeknights with minimal prep and just a short time on the barbecue.
Total Time 55 min + Marinating time
- 3 (150g each) lamb backstraps (eye of loin) or 6 lamb fillets
- 60ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 800g chat (small coliban) potatoes, halved
- 1 x 35g pkt Italian herb potatoes (McCormick brand)
- 250g (1 punnet) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 50g baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Combine lamb, vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, rosemary and garlic in a glass dish. Cover and set aside in fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Add Italian herb mix. Spread potatoes in a single layer over a large roasting pan and cook for 20 min or until tender. Toss tomatoes in the remaining oil and add to pan. Roast for a further 10 min.
- Meanwhile preheat barbecue grill on high. Drain lamb and sook for 4 min. each side for medium. Rest 5 min., then slice. Add basil and rocket to potatoes and serve with lamb.