Balsamic Vinegar is an essential in the kitchen and for barbecues. It adds another dimension of flavour and takes an ordinary bit of chicken or veg up a tasty level. It also has a nice tang to it. This recipe could be served with pasta for a more substantial meal. You could always swap out the mozzarella for your favourite cheese, feta works very well. Also if you have someone who doesn’t beef burgers then you can pop the grilled chicken into a bun as a delicious substitute.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 cups beef tomatoes (12 oz), cut into quarters
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-size strips (1 cup)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 8 cups salad greens
- In medium bowl, beat oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper with whisk until well blended. Reserve 1/2 cup of dressing for salad; set aside.
- Place chicken in resealable food-storage plastic bag; pour remaining dressing over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken with marinade. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, toss tomatoes, cheese, shallot and 2 tablespoons of the reserved dressing; set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when centre of thickest part is cut (165°F). Let stand 5 minutes; cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- Divide salad greens among 4 plates. Top with tomato mixture and chicken; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Recipe sourced from Betty Crocker
More Chicken Recipes here