Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (12 oz), cut into quarters
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-size strips (1 cup)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 8 cups salad greens
- In medium bowl, beat oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper with whisk until well blended. Reserve 1/2 cup of dressing for salad; set aside.
- Place chicken in resealable food-storage plastic bag; pour remaining dressing over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken with marinade. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, toss tomatoes, cheese, shallot and 2 tablespoons of the reserved dressing; set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Carefully brush oil on grill rack. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F). Let stand 5 minutes; cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- Divide salad greens among 4 plates. Top with tomato mixture and chicken; drizzle with remaining dressing.