The Baked Broccoli Burgers is a very easy vegan recipe that makes 4 burgers. The burger are served with a delicious homemade Tahini dressing.
Servings 4 Burgers
|· 1/3 cup dry couscous
· 1 cup water
· 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
· 2 teaspoons olive oil
· 1/2 cup chopped scallions
|· 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
· 2 teaspoons ground cumin
· 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
· 1 tablespoon tahini
· 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
For the Tahini Dressing
· 1/3 cup tahini
· 1/3 cup water
· 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
· 2 garlic cloves, chopped
· 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a small pot, bring the water and couscous to a boil.
- Remove from heat immediately and allow the couscous to sit in the pot for 10 minutes, soaking up the water.
- While the couscous sits, steam the broccoli in a steamer for 5-7 minutes (or use a microwave or stove method, you just want the broccoli to be soft in the end).
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onion and scallions, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until the onion softens.
- Remove the onions from the heat and stir in the cumin.
- Gather your couscous, broccoli, onion mix, chickpeas, and tahini and combine together in a food processor.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the bread crumbs.
- Form it into patties and place the patties on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes, turning the patties over halfway through. You’ll know they are done when the tops begin to brown.
- To make the tahini sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined, roughly 30 seconds.
- Top your burgers with the sauce, throw some pickles, tomato, and lettuce on top, and serve.
Recipe Sourced From One Green Planet
More Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes Here