Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- juice 1 lemon
- plus extra wedges to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 12 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- crusty baguette, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the lemon juice and garlic with some seasoning. Prick the chicken several times with a sharp knife and drizzle with half the garlicky lemon juice. Wrap each one in a rasher of bacon and put in a single layer in a roasting tin. Drizzle on the remaining lemon juice.
- Cook for 45-50 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is starting to crisp up. Flash under a hot grill if you like your bacon really crisp.
- Eat warm or allow to cool, then chill until you’re ready to pack up in an airtight container. Eat with crusty bread and some extra lemon squeezed over the chicken, if you like.