Bacon wrapped, Cheese stuffed burgers. Sometimes it just has to be a burger and this is a real treat of a recipe. We love how everyone keeps experimenting with burgers and never gives up trying to improve them or take them to the next level. You are going to love this on and we say start practising now and you’ll be set for the summer months.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 8 pieces of bacon
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- American cheese slices
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste (or whatever seasonings you prefer)
- Hamburger Rolls
- Turn your grill on medium and let heat up for about 10-15min.
- While grill is heating, divide your ground beef into 4 parts.
- Take one handful of beef and gently make a hole in the center as you flatten it out into a patty.
- Fold up a slice of mozzarella cheese into quarters and place it in the hole of the patty.
- Wrap the outer edges of the patty up and around the cheese, trying not to leave any holes where the cheese might eventually run out when melted.
- Season the burger on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Take two slices of bacon and wrap around the burger in a criss-cross with the ends meeting on the bottom. Put a toothpick through the center of the burger and bacon to help keep the bacon from falling off once grilled.
- Place the burger on the grill (I put down foil first so that the bacon grease wouldn’t start a crazy fire in my grill).
- Close the lid and let cook for about 15 min on one side. (My grill does not have a temperature gauge and depending on the heat you may want to flip a few minutes before or after the 15 min).
- Flip the burger and let cook for another 5 min.
- Flip one more time, add the slice of american cheese on top, close the lid and let cook for 1min or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and dress burger however you like.
- Take a bite and savour the tastes exploding in your mouth!
Recipe Sourced From Cooking With Janica
More Beef Burgers Recipes Here