These Asian lollipop lamb chops gives a haunting sweetness to these chops, which are delicious with steamed bok choy.
Total Time 4 h 50 min
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 96g/3/4 cup fresh garlic, minced
- 64g/1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 120ml/1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 8 to 12 lamb chops (2 to 3 per person)
Creamy Fusilli Pasta:
- One 12-ounce bag fusilli pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1.4ml/6 cups heavy cream
- 96g/3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 64g/1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
- For the lamb chops: Combine the brown sugar, garlic, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, chilli pepper, Chinese five spice and salt to taste. Massage into the lamb chops for 5 to 10 minutes, and then let marinate 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- For the pasta: Cook the fusilli pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic for 1 minute without browning, and then add the zucchini and carrots. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the drained pasta and cook for another minute. Add the heavy cream, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Just before serving, add the cilantro, Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the broiler and broil the chops to the doneness of your liking, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Serve 2 or 3 chops over each serving of pasta.
- This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe Sourced From Food Network
More Lamb Chops Recipes Here