These Bacon and Apricot Sausage skewers are a great combination of sweet and salt flavours and are a absolute winner for a crowd. It’s a twist on a Christmas classic but if you like sausages you will enjoy these all year round. Perfect start to any BBQ.
- 16-20 Small party sausages
- 8-10 rashers streaky bacon
- 16-20 ready-to-eat dried apricots soaked in port (soaking optional)
- 16-20 fresh bay leaves
- 15 to 20 skewers soaked for 30 minutes in water
- 3 tbsp apricot preserves
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Run a knife along the length of the bacon rashers so they stretch a little, spread lightly with the mustard, then cut in half.
- Use the bacon to wrap a sausage and apricot together and repeat until the skewer has 3 sausages between the bacon and apricots, using the bay leaves to separate each section. Pop onto the BBQ for 15 minutes or until the bacon has cooked through.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth for the dipping sauce.